Saturday, February 10, 2018

Just Missed My Top 200: Strange Advance - She Controls Me

Before "Love Becomes Electric" (#70 on my Top 200), before "Perfect Day" (#19), even before "We Run" (#134), way back in 1981, at the very dawn of Canadian new wave, Strange Advance released "She Controls Me".

This fantastic song is an important piece of synthpop history from up here in the Great White North. "She Controls Me" just missed making my list.

Be back next week with another tune that almost made it.

3 comments:

  1. Love everything about this one ... the melody, the power chords, the soaring backup vocals (with echo, natch), the electronic drum break, the Star Trek uniforms, the strategically placed beach ball ... ah the Big 80s at it's finest. I might actually like this Strange Advance one best! Close toss-up with Perfect Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd actually forgotten how much I like this song! Should have been on the Top 200.

      Delete
    2. Totally ... it's fantastic

      Delete