Friday, December 15, 2017

Just Missed My Top 200: Propaganda - P:Machinery

Propaganda took the #16 spot on my Top 200 with "Duel", the fantastic song from their debut 1985 album A Secret Wish. Another song from the album, "P:Machinery" was also considered for the list, but ended up not making it. With a fantastic synth hook and driving beats, "P:Machinery" reached #50 on the British charts and was also a success in American clubs.

Propaganda broke up soon after the song charted, but they ended up re-uniting 18 months later (with lineup changes) for their follow-up LP, 1234.

I've always liked "P:Machinery" and it's amazingly weird video. It's a solid song that had a real chance of appearing on my Top 200.

I'll be back next week with another song that just missed.

3 comments:

  1. The sexy chicken returns ... and she's even wearing feathers for me this time! I knew I was onto something there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia Brücken. Plus...she's German!

      Delete
    2. Now is the the time on Sprockets when we copulate with sexy chickens!

      Delete