Sunday, June 4, 2017

Number 147: Joe Jackson - I'm The Man


1979 was an exciting time. The punk era was giving way to the rise of New Wave. Straddling the line between the two genres were musicians like Joe Jackson. His album I'm The Man raced up the charts that year, hitting #12 in the UK and spawning several successful singles. The title track is my favorite Joe Jackson song, and its wild energy propels it to the #147 spot on my Top 200. I have included an amazing live performance (in Germany) below as well. This is Joe at the absolute top of his game. Still performing today, the guy is a true New Wave pioneer.

 

2 comments:

  1. Look Sharp & I'm the Man ... one of the best one-two punches in post-punk

    Kinda Kute ... On Your Radio .. Friday ... incredible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is this guy as underrated as he is? It's criminal.

      Delete